Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions are a framework that will help making sure that we all are having a great Festival – Together.
You do not have to see this as an accusing finger, but as a guideline to make it easier to follow the rules and to be able to make room for each and everyone.
Make sure that you have understood and read the following terms and conditions as volunteer at our Festival:
Age – I promise:
– That I am 18 years old, when I register as a volunteer.
Task, shift and information – I understand that:
– It is my own responsibility to find relevant information in Ruby about the Festival and check my e-mail.
– I have to read, agree, and understand the description and requirements of the task I choose before accepting the team.
– I have to show up to all my shifts as I agreed to.
It is my own responsibility to be ready when the shift starts and be there on time.
Resign and contact – I understand that:
– I have to comply with the resign deadline the 15th of May, and that my registration as a volunteer is binding after this date.
– I have to resign myself at my profile in Ruby before the resign deadline the 15th of May.
– If I have to resign after the resign deadline the 15th of May, I have to do it through my contact person. I can find the information in Ruby under “My Teams”
– If I have to cancel a shift and there is less than two days until my shift, it is necessary to call my contact person. If my contact person is not answering I have to send a message. My cancellation is not approved until I have received a confirmation from my contact person.
– If I am sick or something unpredictable happens, I have to notice my contact person as quick as possible. This has to be via a phone call.
– In special cases the Festival can require a medical certificate. I have to pay the expenses myself at first bit it can be refined by the Festival if I can e-mail the receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deposit, fee, and blacklisting – I understand that:
– When I register, I have to pay a deposit of 300 DKK. I will get the deposit back after the Festival if I have attended my shifts and followed the terms and conditions.
– In case of resign efter the resign deadline I will lose my deposit of 300 DKK – this will happen no matter the circumstances for my cancellation.
– It can be demanded that I have to pay a fee of 2.700 DKK beside my deposit if I do not attend my shift without cancellation or serious violation according to to the terms and conditions. In this case I can also be blacklisted as a volunteer in 2 years.
– If I have to resign but already received my wristband with access to the Festival, I have to send and e-mail to email@example.com. In this e-mail I should attach a photo containing my wristband that has been taken off. The e-mail needs to have the subject “clipped wristband”. If this does not happen, I can be demanded a fee of 2.700 DKK and lose my deposit.
Criminal record – I understand that:
– NorthSide is allowed to gather information and handle my criminal record, if it is relevant for the task I choose.
Psychedelic drugs, alcohol, and violence – I understand that:
– The usage of drugs and selling drugs are forbidden at the Festival all the time.
– I am not allowed to show up to my shift drunk or to drink alcohol during my shift.
– I am not allowed to give anything away for free from bars/stands at the Festival. To hand out free things such as beer or food and cheating with change will be considered as theft and will be reported to the police.
– I am not allowed to bring my own beverage – it includes beverage with or without alcohol. Which means that it also includes water – I can get at the water stations around the location with the water bottle I received.
– Fighting, threats, and similar are not accepted at the Festival.
Violating and/or inappropriate behavior – I understand that:
– Violating – among racism, homophobic or sexual – behavior or/and statements are not in any way accepted at the Festival.
– If I experience violating or/and inappropriate behavior I can notice my contact person or security. This also includes if I feel uncomfortable as volunteer. however, I can also contact the employees in the Volunteer Lounge or give an anonymous note the mailbox in the Volunteer Lounge.
Valuables – I understand that:
– The Festival makes an occupational injury insurance. It is my own responsibility to inform my contact person if I should experience an injury.
– My valuables are not covered by the Festival. It is my own responsibility if I bring my computer, phone, or something valuable.
Press and artists – I understand that:
– I amt not allowed to bring recording devices, cameras, or professional photo devices without permission.
– It is forbidden to take pictures or videos, ask for autographs or make contact with the different artists. I respect the artists personal life.
– All communication with the pres will go through the management. Therefor I am not allowed to talk to the press about the Festival or on behalf of the Festival. If the press contacts me, I will give them the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Photography, drones, and video surveillance – I understand that:
– The Festival has its own photographers who take pictures of volunteers and guests. The purpose of these pictures is to use them on social medias and our website.
– As a volunteer I have the possibility to report pictures where I can identify myself and get them erased if I want to.
– I will experience periods during the Festival where drones will be flying around the location. These drones are approved and they follow the guidelines. All pictures are overview and atmosphere pictures. These pictures will be used to optimize our logistics and contents to marketing.
In addition to the above terms and conditions, it is expected that you of course follow normal terms for good behavior and regulations from the security staff – they are here to take care of us all and secure that the Festival will be fantastic.